These steps are a great for a parents guide to a relaxed swim lesson.
1. Try to arrive a bit early talking positive with your child, that way you will not have to rush to put them in the water. Especially if the swim experience is new.
Your child will feel calm and ready and lessons will be more successful.
2. If possible try to dress your child at home so they are comfortable in swim wear.
3. Arriving early will also allow you and your child to get use to the surroundings of a child filled aquatic center. You may need to get use to it. LOL
4. Having your child go to the toilet or restroom, before entering the swimming pool will be great. It will avoid any accidents or interruptions throughout the swim lesson.
5. Swim Accessories like goggles are better off introduced early. As your child advances to higher levels in swimming, they will be under water a lot and being able to see is a plus for them.
6. Wearing swimming caps are strongly recommended to keep hair out of your child’s eyes and mouth. They also allow you to slip on goggles easier and in pool cleanliness, in some cases, are compulsory to wear.
7. If your child has eaten make sure their lesson is at least 30 mins after. They will be moving around quite a bit.
8. For your child’s safety it is a must that your child/children DO NOT enter their swim lesson early. It also eliminates any distractions in lessons.
9. Maybe an extra small towel to wipe the ever so often runny nose, would be a big help.
10. For safety and respect for other parents and children, make sure your child walks to their lesson and around the center.
Different Centers may produce additional guidelines that will be their own set of considerations. They will be designed to further enhance the swimming lesson experience with due health, safety and educational points.
These steps for a parents guide to relaxed swim lessons will help you on a daily basis. Children will wear out quickly in the water so be ready to have them crash to sleep.