If you want to get familiar with the water before learning how to swim.
This is article is to help guide you in the right direction of learning how to swim.
Now really you don’t have an actual step by step way of being able to introduce yourself or a child to the water.
The steps that I am personally writing are not the absolute, “do it my way or the highway” steps.
They are steps I would recommend and then you can decide yourself whether you will mix and match and do as you will. LOL.
Tips & Guides
- Be sure to have the correct swimwear for the introduction of course.
- Goggles (Needed) and a swim cap (If Needed) – Reason I say “Needed” for goggles is that for most beginner swimmers learning how to swim it is a little easier to not have to deal with water in your eyes while getting use to the water. A swim cap is not necessarily a must depending on how much hair you have.
- A flotation device will come in handy for sure. Noodle, kick board, life jacket ect.
- Before entering the pool you may want to check the temperature. It can be extreme shock if the pool is TOO cool.
- Enter the shallow end and begin to walk around to become comfortable with the movement of the water.
- After becoming familiar with the water and the movement of it, try to now blow bubbles with your nose above the water. Start with small bubbles and try to breathe through your nose.
- When you feel confident enough then it is time to submerge your head under the water. (Good little tip is to blow out of your nose when you go under) This is where learning how to swim is a game changer.
- Time to use the flotation device you have or if you do not have a flotation device you can use the wall. I do recommend AT ALL TIMES BE CLOSE TO THE WALL. Try floating on your back as shown in this VIDEO.
These bullet points are to get you familiar with the water so that you can first overcome the fear of water or swimming lessons.
How to learn to swim for beginners is just like anything else, it needs repetition.
Try to use these steps 2 – 3 times a week if possible.
You will be learning how to swim in no time!!